Director of Hardware Silicon Engineering
This exciting Silicon Valley Internet of Things (IoT) start-up is seeking a Director of Hardware Design Silicon Engineering. The Director will be responsible for the technical leadership and delivering of IoT devices into mass production. This role will have the following responsibilities:
- Leading SoC teams (CPU, Analog, DSP) to perform the hardware/electrical low-power design of the IoT device.
- Managing the specification and architecture of the entire SoC.
- Staffing and building world class design team.
- Cross-functionally interfacing with Embedded and Board/Systems teams to ensure successful integration of SoC.
- Collaborating with Quality and Test teams to ensure the reliability testing of SoC.
- Lead and manage technical relationships with external components and chip partners.
- Transferring completed SoC to ODM for high volume production.
- MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and 10+ years of leadership experience.
- Hands on SoC and/or microprocessor experience within the connected devices industry.
- Proven experience in taking state-of-the-art SoCs and/or microprocessors from concept to production.
- Extensive knowledge of the entire chip design flow (architecture, design, GDSII).
- Extensive knowledge of silicon and systems architecture and simulation tools.
- Good business acumen and solid knowledge in negotiating with third party component vendors.
- Proven ability to hire/retain, build, coach, develop and mentor a world-class hardware design team.