Embedded Software Manager
This small Silicon Valley fabless Internet of Things (IoT) company is seeking an Embedded Software Manager to manage a team of embedded software engineers in dispersed geographical locations worldwide, whose mission is to implement embedded software into various smart connectivity products. You will be responsible for gathering the product software requirements and coordinating the activities with the system and architecture teams. You will also responsible for the definition of the software development lifecycle, the software development and documentation methodologies, and selection of the software development design suite. The Embedded Systems Manager will ultimately provide the hardware teams the requirements for the software debug and profiling to be integrated in the product or FPGA prototyping systems.
- Contribute to the definition of the software-controlled features, programming model, software distribution and upgrade strategies throughout the product development and deployment cycle.
- Work closely with the Product Marketing team, the System Engineering team, the Product Architects, and Engineering Development teams to maximize the value of the products of the Smart Connectivity Division, minimize the cost of maintenance and deployment of the product in the market.
- Be the technical lead for the development of the embedded software for the various Smart Connectivity products, maintaining a hands-on involvement during the entire process from specifications to implementation and commercial release of the product.
- Define the most appropriate implementation of the product use cases, the proper software API’s in between the software components and to third party software modules, the product overall programming and provisioning model and product resource management schemes, leading to critical choices in the product design.
- Implement and maintain current and effective all the required practices, methodologies, tools, processes that allow maximizing the performance of the embedded software engineering team.
- Champion the adoption of Agile design methodologies throughout the embedded software design team.
- MS or Ph.D in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years experience leading embedded software development teams.
- Deep understanding of both SoC design flow and embedded software development processes.
- Proven hands-on experience of embedded software implementations in real-time, low power and power managed products.
- Hands-on experience analyzing interactive workloads on SoCs for real-time applications.
- Background in platform security, security protocols, and embedded security practices.
- Intimate knowledge of C/C++, Python, Java and other programming languages for the embedded processors.
- Experience in designing and documenting software API’s.
- Experience bringing embedded software products to market.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Mindset for developing tools enabling application developers to quickly deploy a wide range of real-time applications.
- Experience developing software for ROM-based embedded systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Available to travel 30-40%.