Head of Hardware Engineering
This exciting Internet of Things (IoT) start-up is seeking a Hardware Engineering Leader to manage a grow a team of talented Embedded/System, Hardware, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineers. You will be the leader in creating state of the art IoT devices from concept and architecture through production. This position will report to the EVP of Hardware Engineering.
- Lead a Team: Develop and grow an excellent hardware design team with a passion for shipping terrific product to customers.
- Create detailed hardware specifications, help define the hardware roadmap and navigate the tradeoffs between performance, quality, time to market, and cost.
- Advance the development methodologies and processes that enable scaling the hardware engineering team.
- Develop Relationships: We partner with top semiconductor, JDM, certification and component companies to help design, validate, certify, and manufacture our products.
- Champion quality activities across development and production.
- Research: Stay abreast of the latest silicon advancements and companies and evaluate.
- Negotiate commercial terms, schedules, resources, and test plans with partners in coordination with Supply Chain leadership.
- BS/MS or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Successful track record of 10+ years relevant experience in product development (commercial and consumer).
- Proven experience releasing consumer products with solid revenue.
- Experience building a team of HW, EE and ME engineers and hands-on technical leadership.
- Solid experience in digital and analog circuit design; low power devices, RF and electromechanical design.
- Ability to travel up to 15% to Asia when necessary