Hardware/Electrical Engineering Manager
This exciting Internet of Things (IoT) start-up is seeking a Hardware Engineering Manager to lead a small hardware desgin engineering team. This role will be responsible for managing the electrical design aspects of various IoT devices. The team you manager will own a project from concept through production. This role will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive team dynamic and culture.
- Support team level objectives as well as individual contributors.
- Derive technical specifications based on product level requirements.
- Own architecture selection, electrical design, and validation.
- Support Sourcing and Procurement teams to vet supply chain and production partners.
- Validate design through functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test, and system coexistence testing.
- Setting factory test requirements, assisting in software bring up and traveling on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully.
- Research technologies and scope development opportunities.
- Communicate cross-functionally to deliver a successful product to market.
- Lead large projects from idea to positive execution.
- Work closely with FW, ME and Ops leads.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field, and 5+ years of related industry experience.
- Leadership experience as a technical people manager for more than a year.
- Experience with embedded systems, processor selection, various communication protocols. (especially USB, SPI, I2C, CAN and UART), sensor design, low power design, various RF technologies.
- Experience with eCAD tools.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals, including the ability to design and verify circuits.
- Experience taking a product from design to full product release.