Lead Hardware/Electrical Engineer - IoT
This rapidly growing San Francisco-based Internet of Things (IoT) startup is seeking a Lead Electrical/Hardware Engineer to be responsible for all aspects of next-generations IoT devices. You will own the entire system design efforts from architecture through mass production.
- Define EE architecture and execute EE product development through the entire life cycle.
- Collaborate closely with ME and ID on mechanical integration and on decisions that affect performance of ESD, EMI, RF.
- Perform schematic design and work with the CAD team on PCB layout.
- Responsible for component selection, schematic capture, layout oversight, bring up and debug.
- Manage the BOM.
- Work with Firmware and Software teams on device bring-up and development.
- Work with the operations team on manufacturing test development and Contract Manufacturers: Directly support engineering builds.
- Be accountable for delivering on schedule and meeting the performance, features and quality requirements for the project.
- MS/BS Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of hardware design experience as Electrical Engineer on portable consumer electronic devices, with proficiency with digital embedded systems and analog design.
- 5+ years of experience performing bring-up, debug, validation and optimization of systems.
- Working knowledge of RF communications: Bluetooth/Wi-Fi battery powered devices.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Familiar with compliance standards such as FCC, EMC, ESD, 3GPP, CDG.
- Tools experience with one or more schematic-PCB design tools.
- Deep knowledge in some of the following areas: batteries, power supplies, displays, touch, wireless protocols, RF & antennas, MCUs, signal integrity, mixed signal analog & audio, power management.