Principal Mixed-Signal Architect (IoT/Consumer)
This Silicon Valley fabless semiconductor company is seeking a Principal Mixed-Signal Architect to define the circuit architecture for our next-generation devices. The candidate will be instrumental developing state of the art mixed-signal ICs for new emerging technologies, such as Internet of Things (IoT), Advanced Communication Technology for Smart Cities, and the Autonomous Automobile domains.
The Principal Architect will be responsible for the following:
- Architect and develop high-speed ADC/DAC circuits.
- Properly split the functionalities into analog domain and digital domain considering the business requirements such as cost and process portability.
- Properly set up the simulation decks and execute the appropriate simulation.
- Work on the silicon validation with the other design staff members, and complete the appropriate materials such as datasheet, app notes required.
- Guide/educate our leadership team for the future IC innovations.
- Ph.D. or Masters in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience of high-speed mixed-signal ICs for consumer electronic devices.
- Good understanding on the digital signal processing algorithm, such as equalization and echo cancelation, etc.
- Good understanding on the Ethernet standard.
- Familiarity for the development tools such as Matlab, etc.
- Good understanding the high-speed ADC/DAC.
- High-speed mixed-signal design experience with the automotive, video/camera, and connected devices domain.
- Experience working Asian (Chinese/Japanese) IC companies.
- Ability to travel to Asia twice per year.