Principal Hardware System Engineer
This Silicon Valley touch/sensor startup is seeking a Principal Hardware System Engineer to lead system and electrical development efforts for their products and devices. This role will contribute to creating the world's most advanced touch technology. This role will strategically partner with Product Management to define and implement electrical architecture for their devices. You will be responsible for the following:
- Develop HW and SW tests suites to validate functionality of new features prior to release.
- Create schematics and lay out PCBs using Cadence Allegro and Pulsonix CAD tools.
- Work with fab and assembly suppliers to get boards fabricated and assembled, both local and international.
- Work with distribution and IC suppliers to choose and procure parts.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware issues in the factory and from the field.
- Develop functional tests to support factory builds and work with CM to resolve test failures.
- Collaborate with firmware and mechanical engineers, and others to create industry leading touch devices.
- Lead EMC and Regulatory process.
- Lead development of custom batteries for future products and provide engineering support for existing battery through production.
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of end-to-end hardware system design (from architecture/PCB Design/Layout), manufacturing and shipping.
- 4+ years of experience in sensor and touch technology for mobile and similar devices.
- Extensive experience in power and battery management, board design, signal integrity, and analog circuitry.
- Successfully designed mobile and/or touch products from concept/architecture through mass production.
- Proven experience in selecting components and creating electrical schematics and layout.
- Solid understanding of common board/system level peripheral communication interfaces (UART, I2C, SPI, USB).
- Keen knowledge and experience with PCB manufacturing process, with a solid understanding of common DFM rules for PCB manufacturing.
- Experience with product lifecycle management and ability to generate and manage electrical bills of material.
- Ability to manage hardware systems projects on time and within budget.