Hybrid Position (Remote/Office)
This pioneer of Wireless/Speaker device company is seeking an experienced Bluetooth Engineer to join their Advanced Technology team. This role will be responsible for developing the bluetooth/wireless software for their current and future connected audio devices.
- Be part of the team that identifies new connectivity opportunities that could apply to current and future Sonos products, with an initial focus on Bluetooth technologies.
- Create prototype and demonstration platforms utilizing development kits from semiconductor partners to showcase and evaluate new features of connectivity technologies.
- Perform specific connectivity research projects, utilizing the demonstration platforms and developing custom applications to accomplish the research and presenting results to key groups within the company.
- BS/MS/Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
- At least 3-5 years of direct experience in wireless application development in C/C++ programming language.
- Expert knowledge of C/C++ required (python desired.)
- Experience with other wireless communication protocols such as WiFi, UWB, Matter, etc. is a plus.
- Ideal candidate would have hands-on experience implementing Bluetooth classic and LE Audio applications and working with the existing Bluetooth chipset solutions on the market that support LE Audio.
- Ability to capture and analyze over the air data of the Bluetooth traffic utilizing Bluetooth sniffers and use this info to assist in quantifying latency in all parts of the audio path.
- Experience in using various debugging techniques including JTAG debuggers, logic/protocol analyzers, sniffers, and oscilloscopes
- Ability to independently create the proper software development environments to implement, build, test, store, and document applications.
- Experience participating in standards organizations such as Bluetooth SIG and WiFi Alliance.
Visa Requirements: Must be a US Citizen or US Green Card Holder