This pioneer of Audio/Speaker Technology medium-sized company is seeking a senior-level Electro-Mechanical Engineer to design and develop simulations of the final go-to-market audio/speaker products for the Mechanical Analysis and Technology Team.
- Generate CFD thermal models of PCBs, transducers and speaker assemblies from early architectural concepts to final and highly detailed product designs to deliver valuable insight on thermal performance.
- Work and often lead collaborative efforts with MEs, EEs, Test Engineers to optimize thermal solutions.
- Perform or lead testing to measure product performance and validate thermal analysis.
- Devise new and clever ways to run experiments (DOEs) to quantify analysis correction factors.
- Perform parameterized design studies and optimizations to illuminate the design space. Present results and trends in a form digestible by cross-functional team members and project management.
- Evaluate vendor data for validity before using in CFD analyses.
- Drive failure analysis, root cause efforts, and design of experiments to resolve difficult problems.
- Advance team capabilities by constantly acquiring new skills, staying abreast of technology and leveraging latest features in software tools. Continued education is supported at Sonos.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Thermal Engineering
- 5 years of work experience in advanced Thermal Engineering and CFD in a multi-disciplinary field (electro-mechanical) using software tools such as ANSYS IcePak, FloTherm, FloEFD and NX.
- Solid “design-for-thermal” knowledge of PCB, flex circuits, connectors, heatsinks, thermal interface materials, digital chips/devices, power amplifiers.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with cross-functional team members, management and external vendors.
- Consumer Electronics background preferred.
Visa Requirements: Must be a US Citizen or US Green Card Holder