This exciting Austin start-up is seeking a Principal Hardware Engineer to conceive, design and deliver innovative IoT hardware systems for automotive and autonomous electronics products and systems meant to work in harsh industrial environmental conditions.
- Engage with cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and deliver innovative industrial grade Automotive electronics products and systems meant to work in harsh environmental conditions.
- Design world-class hardware, and software/firmware.
- Own various hardware engineering designs.
- Lead Architecture/Design reviews.
- Lead all aspects of technology readiness including manufacturability
- Build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products.
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent education.
- 10+ years’ experience as a hardware engineer bringing IoT products to market
- Experience working as a Technical Lead or a Hardware Architect
- Experience with High level programming language with C
- Industrial grade product development experience- have completed at least two product life cycles.
- Cross-functional experience in Software, Hardware, Industrial and Product Design, Reliability, and Materials
- Proficiency in industrial/automotive grade electronic component selection
- Proficiency in PCB layout oversight using Allegro
- LTE/Cellular/BLE communications
Nice to Have Skills
- Software development: Linux drivers, firmware, IDE (ex: Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Analog/Board simulation (ex: SPICE, HyperLynx)
- Experience with autonomous vehicle hardware design and manufacturing.
- Amazon AWS IoT device management software & tools like greengrass.
Visa Requirements: Must be a US Citizen or US Green Card Holder