This exciting Austin start-up is seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to develop low-level in C/C++ for ARM based microcontrollers (bare metal/RTOS) as well as CPUs. You will develop safety critical software for vehicle feedback control, communications over USB/I2C/CAN/Serial/Ethernet, reading/writing complex IO signals and automated error recovery.
- Develop firmware from scratch for STM32 or similar microcontrollers
- Understand product architecture and contribute to product architecture
- Work closely with electrical engineer to develop firmware
- Reverse engineer vehicle control software and systems for forklifts
- Write test cases and develop hardware in the loop testing
- Maintain existing firmware codebase and make improvements
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
- 8-10 years prior professional experience developing firmware for embedded systems
- Proficiency with STM32 microcontrollers
- High proficiency in C
- Proficiency with RTOS and bare metal coding.
- Hands-on experience with writing control software for physical systems like robots/vehicles. Example: manipulation of a robotic arm, ground robots, self-driving cars, drones or any other mobile robot.
- Rock solid software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing clean, documented and well-architected code.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with the C programming language developing firmware for an embedded applications
- Experience with Python
- Experience with autonomous and/or automotive vehicle hardware design
Visa Requirements: Must be a US Citizen or US Green Card Holder